Ontario County Office for the Aging Partners with the Alzheimer’s Association for Counseling Services for Families Coping with Dementia:
An experienced social worker from Alzheimer’s Association will be available to provide counseling, free of charge, to residents of Ontario County trying to cope with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias. The services are available at our office the second Monday of each month from 1:00pm – 4:30pm, starting May 12, 2014. Call 396-4040 for an appointment.
Starting August 2014 services will be available at our office the third Wednesday of each month from 1:00pm - 4:00pm.
• Anyone affected by Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia.
• Individuals caring for someone with dementia
• Couples facing dementia related challenges
• Families caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia
• Individuals in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia
Most Common Issues Addressed in Counseling:
• Emotional symptoms such as depression, tension, anger, guilt, grief, and feeling overwhelmed, sleeplessness and overall exhaustion
• Changes in the relationship with the person diagnosed, family, and friends
• Anxiety about the future
• Facilitating family meetings