• $50 to record a 1-page document plus $5 for each additional page
    • TP-584 & RP 5217 required
  • A cover page is generated in this office and the fee is included in the $50


  • A return to address must appear on the document.
  • All signatures must be notarized
  • Date at top
  • Description of the property including the town or city name
  • Names and addresses of grantor(s) and grantee(s)
A "Correction Deed" must state the liber and page of the deed being corrected and include a 50 cent notation fee. A TP-584 and RP 5217 are required.

Transfer Gains Tax Affidavit (TP-584)

This document is filed with all deeds and with the following documents:
  • Assignment of rents (or 255 affidavit)
  • Boundary Line Agreement (only if property is conveyed)
  • Cemetery deeds
  • Fence agreement (only if property is conveyed)
  • Land contracts
  • Lease assigned by landlord (including oil and has assignment)
  • Lease sold by tenant
  • Leases (including oil and gas)
  • Memorandum of lease
  • Notice of appropriations (taken by eminent domain)
  • Options
  • Release of easements
  • Release of lease (unexpired)
  • Release of options
  • Right of first refusal
  • Right of way easements
  • Surrender of lease
  • Timber deeds
  • Water right easements

Must have all information completed including:
  • All grantor and grantee names and addresses
  • All social security numbers, address, and tax map number filled in
  • Any boxes that apply must be checked
  • In schedule C, there must be an amount of consideration filled in (even if it is zero) and the transfer tax computed at $4 per $1,000 conveyed
  • Must have at least one signature on the back


If TP-584 is signed by POA, including an attorney as power of attorney, we need a copy of the POA attached. Public Utility easements no longer need a TP-584 if the consideration is $2 or less and clearly stated on easement.

Real Property Transfer Report (RP 5217)

This document is required with the recording of all deeds

You must have all information completed.


You must have buyer and seller signatures, not an attorney’s signature, unless the property is taken by tax foreclosure, involuntary proceeding, or eminent domain, at which point it can be filed with only one signature – condemner, tax district, party conveyed to, or the attorney doing the foreclosure. If it is signed by a company "as agent for" the seller, we need a signature along with the firm's name, not just the firm name.