DWI Impact Panels
We are very lucky to be able to again provide live and in person panels. As of 8/17/2021, the county is asking that all employees and visitors wear masks regardless of vaccination status. This is due to the increased rate of COVID-19 transmission in Ontario County.
**The panel schedule for 1/24/2022 is full and can not take any more registrants.**
The DWI Impact Panel Program in Ontario County is an educational awareness program for offenders convicted of driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or other high risk driving behaviors. The gender specific panels include a 45 minute educational presentation and end with a non-confrontational account from a crime victim telling their own personal story of how an impaired driver forever changed their life.
DWI Impact Panels are held throughout the year at the Ontario County Safety Training Facility located at 2914 County Road 48, Canandaigua, NY 14424. Please see details below:
- Panel sign-in begins at 6:15pm and ends at 6:55pm. Please do not arrive before 6pm.
- The panel begins at 7pm and lasts approximately an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half.
- Cost for the panel is $40. This can be paid in cash, card, or money order.
- If you are late, you will not be allowed entry.
- Conditional licenses do not cover this event.
- You will be breathalyzed prior to your entry into the panel room.
In most cases, the sentencing court has sent over the registration form to the STOP DWI office after sentencing so there is generally no further action needed on the registrants part. In the days following the panel, sentencing courts and the probation department (for those it applies to) will be notified of the attendance status of all registrants. For further questions, please contact Molly McNear at the Ontario County STOP-DWI office at 585-396-4114.