- Your Government
- Health & Human Services
- Public Health
Ontario County Public Health
Welcome to Public Health!
Our Vision is Healthy People in Healthy Communities!
211/LIFE LINE is a free, 24-hour confidential phone, chat, text service, and searchable online database.
Search 211 Database Online
Chat 8AM - 11PM
Food Insecurity in the Finger Lakes
A recent Food Insecurity Survey created by Pivital Public Health Partnership surveyed 1100 people residing in Ontario, Livingston, Yates, Wayne, Seneca, and other neighboring counties, Pivital Public Health Partnership discovered 61% of those households are unable to always keep food on the table . Please take a moment to watch the video and learn about food insecurity in the Finger Lakes. Want to help? Contact your local food pantry to volunteer in your community. (5/4/2023)
Chronic Disease Self-Management Classes
Learn to manage your chronic illness without leaving your home.
- No computer needed. All you need is a phone.
- The program is mailed to you.... Free!
- We meet over the phone (conference call) once a week for six weeks. Small classes of only 5 people.
Interested? Call 1-800-299-2995 or HealthEducation@ontariocountyny.gov
2023 Choose Health Ontario Award
Church Member, Victor Nelson and the Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church Wins the Choose Health Ontario Award!
Victor Nelson and the Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church in Geneva are the winners of the 2023 Choose Health Ontario Award! Pastor Victor Nelson and the Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church in Geneva worked tirelessly during the COVID-19 pandemic. Victor Nelson and the Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church:
- Provided education and promoted COVID-19 vaccine among parishioners and the Geneva community.
- Graciously opened its doors to Public Health staff and hosted vaccination clinics for adults and children in the Geneva community between April of 2021 and June of 2022.
- Leadership scheduled appointments for community members via the NY State Countermeasure Data Management System (CDMS).
- Volunteers staffed the clinics, working elbow-to-elbow with public health staff and other county employees. They provided traffic control, check-in of vaccines, and post-vaccination observation. Their presence demonstrated to their community that vaccine was desirable and reassured them that it was safe.
A very special congratulations and thank you to church member, Victor Nelson and the Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church. Their actions significantly increased vaccine uptake in the Geneva area.
The award is presented on behalf of the Ontario County Health Collaborative (OCHC) which consists of Ontario County Public Health, local healthcare systems, community agencies and healthy-minded volunteers. The OCHC work collaboratively to improve the health of Ontario County residents.
Drive-Thru Food Pantry Dates
Note the new location of the drive-thru food distribution:
Town of Canandaigua
Highway Department Barn
5440 Route 5 & 20 in Canandaigua, NY 14424
Please use the 5 & 20 entrance.
Click here for directions & map
Rabies Prevention Clinic
June 17, 2023 9 am- 12pm
Ontario County Public Works,
2962 County Road 48, Canandaigua
A few reminders:
- Walk-ins are always welcome!
- Rabies Clinic is for cats, dogs, and ferrets that are health and at least three months old.
- No cost but dogs must be on a leash, cats and ferrets must be in a carrier.
- Be prepared to clean-up after your pet
- Can't wait to see you and your best friend!
Registration appreciated: June 17 2023 Rabies Clinic Registration
Rabies Prevention Clinic
June 17, 2023
What's that then?
Public Health topics in the news or about to be
|Polio in Rockland County, NY|
Deer Tick (AKA Black-legged Tick) Diseases
Monkey Pox (Mpox) Information